Monday, April 21, 2014

Internship: 1/78

21st April 2014; Monday



Yes, today is the day where my intern officially starts. I am assigned to the company NTUC Learning Hub, and nope it is not the kind of NTUC you are thinking in mind right now, the things that we're dealing with here are picking out clients and arranging them to attend to the necessary and suitable courses which they are lack in knowledge of that are actually needed in the individual job scopes. So yeap not the sell vegetables, bread all those yea.

Met Anna on the first day of work at 8am and trying to figure out our way to the company. Reached the company in just 5mins and I thank God to have Anna around cause she was damn good in directions hahahahahaha I swear I wouldn't have found my way there if I'm doing this alone.


oh my god really cannot stand my hair urgh 

So we texted this guy called Andy and he kept insisting us to go grab our breakfast and come back at 9am so of course we did hahaha We went to get our coffees over at IMM and reported back to our Boss named Darren (and honestly I think the name Darren is kinda hot HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA) and he was a really friendly and good-looking guy. We were called into the meeting room and my palms were sweating like mad and I think I just flooded my area of the table with all my palm sweat LOL self-realising was alr bad enough and yet the boss was like "Why you look so nervous I see the both of you playing with your fingers I won't eat you all one we all very chin chai here chill chill" and he started spamming his hokkien and chinese, trying his very best to calm us down but it just failed man hahahahaha but there is one thing that he said which I am super glad with and I quote "I don't mind you guys coming late or working short hours as long as you deliver your work I'm fine. I very chin chai one" HAHAHA


Oh and we had our own working area which we are allowed to bring or store anything there so I decided to bring my cup hahahahaha it has always been so long since I wanted a working space of my own after watching the ones in the tv or when I'm passing by the staff room during pri and sec school times hahaha it's like I can pin my photos decorate until pink pink all not forgetting placing some precious moments stuff hahaha I guess I'll definitely be much more motivated to complete my intern in this way HAHAHA but there is this very troublesome thing cause all the doors are needed to be unlocked using the key card and we haven't gotten ours yet so we had to ask from the colleagues around us which I obviously will not do that hahaha AND GUESS HOW GOD DECIDED TO MAKE THINGS "BETTER" FOR ME. I was assigned to my seat for not less than 10mins and I started to have the feel to shit HAHAHAHAHA but I can't get out of the office without the damn pass and the super strong aircon is definitely not helping at all urgh WANNA SHIT ALSO SO DIFFICULT KNN (okokok sorry too much info but I really wanna share w you guys hahahahaha) but just so you know I managed to endure it till I get home HAHAHAHA ok la sorry sorry I'll stop end this shit thing now hahaha


After that, weird things started to happen.
1. Realising shit just got real when my boss created a whatsapp group for intern w 2 other colleagues. I feel like my personal space has been invaded oh god lol

2. Less than half a day and the boss started calling me 'des' lol at first I wasn't sure if he was calling me until he started shouting 'des des' across the office from Anna's table cause we were placed damn far (I know this sucks :( )and I feel weird and out of place hahaha

3. Andy started to find topics to entertain us. I know he is out of a good intention but no, the jokes that he was saying was not funny at all. Anna and I will just look at each other with the omg-can-we-get-out-of-here face.

4. Boss brought us out for lunch kekekeke (ok this is not weird but idk where to put this so.. yea hahaha)


5. AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S WRONG W MY SURROUNDING TEMPERATURE. It's either I'm freezing to death in the office till all my goosebumps appear or I'm gonna burn to death when I'm out on the streets. This is crazy.

6. Boss decided to let us go at 5pm cause there's really nth much to do so yeap.

So this pretty summed up the first day of work. Despite the weird things that happened, I am still glad to say that I'm working with really friendly and nice people here in this company. They took really good care of us and I totally appreciate it. Have to thank God for such good colleages aka table neighbours as well and they are Kenneth, Glenn, Alex and Brandon and they have this smoke smell or whatever smell that smells exactly the same 2 brands that Kev, Vernon and Edmund are having and this reminded me of them :( (wtf like become some smoke brand detector or what lol) Anyways cheers to a better tmr guys, we've cleared the first day. we can do so for the remaining 78 days jyjy hehe


Loved Desiree, xoxo 

No comments: